Tuesday 30 June 2015

First post...umpteenth time



This is my umpteenth attempt to start an online blog or journal. In fact this one is being revived (in title only) after three  years. Not sure what makes this time different. Maybe nothing. I am just doing it for me though this time. Not trying to be witty or brilliant for anyone else in the vague hope that my blog might become some kind of work of genius. It's not. It's just my journal. If anyone wants to read along for the ride, then that is a very lovely bonus. You put the kettle on and I'll cut us some cake :-)

So why the blog title? Well cake is something I love and don't ever wish to live without! And contentment...well that is what I aspire to. I have a lot of great things, and people, in my life don't get me wrong. But I still want to be a better, happier and more contented me. A better mother and wife, daughter, sister and friend. Someone who does stuff rather than just daydreams. Has hobbies and passions and is fully aware and mindful in her life. To treat my body better, to feel better about who I see in the mirror, to feel I am experiencing each day fully and not missing a single moment of this little thing called life. I'm not saying that I am going to take up extreme sports, travel the world or become a rock star (I can't sing for starters...) but just to enjoy the little things and do more of the things that matter to me because I am content to be content.



'Welcome' Image courtesy of nuchylee at FreeDigitalPhotos.net

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the world of blogging Kerry! I love your blog name :) I am always searching for cake and contentment myself. I am never happier than when I have a piece of cake in my hands, surrounded by people I love or planning something wonderful to do or trip to go on. Lots of luck on your little journey. Tor xx

    ReplyDelete