Sunday 9 August 2015

Random Review: Biore UV Perfect Face Milk


I thought I'd start adding some reviews into my blog of random things as they occur to me. Hence the name Random Reviews. Of course, they won't literally be random- you won't see giraffes one week and crisps the next or anything. It will mainly be products that I use and enjoy and may or may not be new to me. Gives me something different to ramble about awhile.  

So to get the ball rolling we have Biore UV Perfect Face Milk SPF 50. This product has Holy Grail status for me and it is one of those products I would actually cry if they discontinue. It's bad enough that you can't actually get this in the UK so I have to buy it on eBay from sellers in Thailand (there are plenty to choose from). 

Perfect Face Milk has spf50 yet is a really thin, light lotion that is basically a facial sunscreen and primer combined. It is very similar in texture to Clarins UV Plus SPF 50 and L'Occitane's Immortelle Brightening Sheild SPF 40 (both of which I've used in previous years), although I have to say that I actually prefer the Briore one personally as it leaves a better finish on my skin. I quite like the clarins one until they added the tint which then seemed to leave my skin with a greasy finish. The other bonus of the Biore is that, where the premium brands retail for over £30 per tiny 30ml bottle, I generally pay around £8 inclusive of shipping for this. Bargain!

Perfect Face Milk goes on smoothly as it is silicone-based and leaves skin with a lovely soft finish. Not totally matte but oil-free and just somehow 'smoother'. I use mineral make-up (Lily Lolo) and this works perfectly as a primer underneath it. It also improves the look of my skin on the odd occasion I go make-up free. In fact this product has given me the confidence to do that where I never had it before - I even went without make-up on our recent trip to Legoland.


As you can see from the picture, the product is a bright white fluid. Despite the colour, it rubs in well and doesn't leave a white cast on me at all. Saying that, I do have reasonably fair skin so this might not be the case with darker skin tones. I love that Perfect Face Milk has a high SPF level and yet isn't thick, greasy or uncomfortable to wear. And I do wear it every day without fail as I have melasma (a hormonal hyperpigmentation) and not wearing spf makes it a lot worse. This hyperpigmentation was actually what triggered me looking for a high spf product in the first place and I'm really glad I found this one.

Like most spf products, you really need to re-apply this every two hours for proper sun protection but it's not particularly  practical to do that with make-up on really so I just make do with the morning application with my foundation (spf15) over the top of it. Saying that, my melasma has massively improved since I've been using a facial sunscreen though so it has made some difference even having a once-a-day application. And now that I've found a facial spf product that's comfortable to wear (which means I will wear it), I'm sticking with it. Just don't discontinue it, Biore, or else I will cry!  

No comments:

Post a Comment